Friday, February 08, 2008

hurtin' hands + I'm outta here



Holy cow. work has been so intense the past two weeks, I don't think I've stopped typing/mousing. My hands are seriously cramped, which is totally sad because I'm leaving tomorrow for a double work trip that'll involve, like 18 hours of flying time and who knows how much airport time - and I'm counting on doing some serious knitting. Hopefully my hands won't look like curled-up little claws when I get back.

So I'll leave you with this: I know I'm not the only knitter/crocheter/crafter who toils at a keyboard by day and stitches by night, yet no one else seems to complain as much as me. How do the rest of you do it? Any tricks for keeping the hands happy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do the stretches! and change up your activity. one thing that i just can't do much of is embroidery/hand sewing. that little needle is soooo small that it always kills me.

oh, and also, i wear dork gloves which really do help (therapeutic gloves made by handeeze). no on will notice and your handsies will feel better.

erika said...

When things get rough for me I get acupuncture. I know a great place in NYC if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

Yes, acupuncture for me too, plus stretches, plus wrist brace sometimes...tiger balm is also nice--but stinky! You're not alone!