Right. But I'm actually pretty sure I really should choose a sofa first and foremost, and then the living room rug and shelving and wall decor should come after. So today the mister and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and the day off, and strolled around looking at furniture. It was really fun and since our living room area is so small, we're very limited as to the number of tiny couches we can choose from, which kept us (me!) from getting too overwhelmed by choices. I think we found something we really like. The price is reasonable, it's super comfortable, and it's the right size. Ready?

Ta-da!! I like the clean lines, the back is high enough that you can rest your head very comfortably, and we fit on it nice and cozy. Good thing we're not too tall.
Now for fabric. We have to stay away from anything too tweedy or textured, since it's like a magnet for kitty scratching. We both really love this velour, and we're trying to decide between these two colors:


The reddish color is hard to describe, it's like a rusty, kind of deep salmon. Never the color that I would have thought I'd choose, but it's lovely in person and it has a kind of old-but-new look to it. I think it will warm up the palette in the room overall, and will be a great canvas for a nice crochet afghan on the back and some interesting throw pillows.
The blue is the dark horse at this point. I love it, and I think it will really lighten the room, but the problem is that I'm so in love with this color right now in general that I'm almost guaranteed to not love it a year from now.
What do you think? Should we take the plunge and purchase, so that I can try to break this crazy cycle of indecisiveness? Or should I play it safe and choose something more neutral?

5 comments:
that couch is so cute- simple, timeless, yet a bit of vintage flair.
both colors are good. you know i love the teal one. I hear it's just a huge home dec color this year ;)
The couch is great, I like the vintage flair. Don't go neutral, the reddish color sounds like a winner to me. I think the teal will be unhappy at your house next year and the red will always be smiling especially with an alpaca throw!!!!!!!!!!! PS
i'd go for the red. with the wrong accessories the blue could easily be a snoozer, but the red won't even let you take that chance. i think christina ended up with a very similar color in her living room and they were both happy with how it turned out.
i can't wait to, one day, upgrade from the #$*(#% futon.
I'd go with the red. Of course, I have a lipstick red leather sofa, so maybe I'm a bit biased? Although seriously, I bought lime green leather chairs that I loved to go with it, and I'm just about over the chairs. But the couch? Still love it. And the little black dogs look great perched on it like stuffed pillows.
i love the red for the sofa but i think the teal will work better as it can compliment that piece of (red) furniture you're thinking about...
Post a Comment