Sunday, April 03, 2011

catlady fridays: spring is here

A few weeks ago, all of Kitty's winter hair fell out, almost instantaneously - it only took a few days (and a lot of brushing) for her whole winter coat to take its leave.

You know I got all crazy-cat-lady and saved it in a bag. What?

It fascinated me that the quantity of fur she shed was literally as large in mass as her remaining body.

I heaped it all back on her just to see what it would look like. It's a kittysheep!


Then she was like, stop it already you weirdo, and throw away my old fur. So I did.


Cutest kitty ever, right? She's still an incredible fluffball, even without the winter coat. It's quite impressive.

10 comments:

L said...

haha. i love this post. and damn, that is a lot of hair. and it looks so soft and fluffy.

Anonymous said...

All that fur! You've could have had it spun and then knitted it into something, that wear your cat with you everywhere! I'm kind of creeped out by that idea, but also curious to feel how soft it must be!

Kristen said...

I do this too, when I brush my cats! Although they don't have *quite* as much hair as your guy :)

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

Oh, my goodness. That face is just too adorable.

Unknown said...

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Kathy in Canada said...

HA! Love it!

Anonymous said...

i almost thought you were going to knit/crochet it. would have been interesting but i agree w/kristenmakes...it's a little creepy. can't wait to meet the cat!

janice said...

and how smart of you to have a gray rug to match the gray cat!

Redbaren said...

eww - thats a little creepy! Love that face though! would you name her already?! Mimmie didnt stick?

AECDesigns said...

That cat has the best face.
Ever.