Monday, October 27, 2008

the elephant in the room


I've been waiting for a while to post this project because it was a present and I didn't want to spoil the surprise - but thanks to a fun little trip to DC this weekend, I got to give this gift to its recipient - the fabulous six-month-old Sophie!

I got the pattern for this cute little guy from Urban Threads, a very cool site that has tons of embroidery patterns for download. I love that just about all of their designs are tiny and super-easy - hello, quick gift! Seriously, in the amount of time it would take you to schlep around to the stores and find something nice, you could whip up a little piece like this which is soooo much more special.

I'm going to post a little how-to on this project hopefully in the next week, so check back soon if you're curious about learning how to do embroidery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my elephant!! Thanks Auntie Brett! It was such fun to see you this weekend! You always bring my such fun presents - come back soon!